PR Account Manager/Senior Account Manager
BAM Communications is looking for a high-level account manager. The newest member of the BAM team will be someone results-driven, creative, empowered to lead accounts, eager to bring ideas to the table and professional.
BAM Communications is a fast-paced agency specializing in public relations for innovators, mainly start-ups, across all industries. We work with the movers, shakers, breakers and makers who want to be known for their big ideas and groundbreaking developments.
If you’re the person for the job, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
• A college degree or beyond in communications, journalism or business with an emphasis in marketing or public relations
• Hands-on agency PR experience
• Proven public relations results secured in major national outlets such as Inc., Fast Company, TechCrunch, NY Times and the Wall Street Journal
Job duties may include:
• Create and manage client-specific contact lists ensuring contacts and media outlets (if applicable) are targeted
• Build and maintain relationships with key local, regional and national media
• Draft and/or edit press releases, pitches, e-mailers, press kit materials, etc.
• Regularly pitch media and get results for client news and story angles
• Think holistically about the client’s presence from a media relations, social media and marketing perspective
• Seek and create unique opportunities for clients, providing invaluable service that they cannot achieve on their own
• Run client meetings and participate in client events and media opportunities as needed
• Be the client’s sole contact, troubleshooting, problem solving and listening • Draft proposals and plan initiatives for your clients, developing tactics targeted to each client
• Manage yours and your team’s hours for each account, assigning and monitoring time throughout the month and communicating time-related issues to clients
• Assist in managing your team’s deadlines and associated tasks
• Draft and manage client meeting agendas, recaps and wrap-up reports
• Identify and nurture new business opportunities for clients, which may increase budgets
• Assist in growing BAM’s public reputation by contributing to the BAM blog and newsletter and attending professional events
• Anticipate the needs of clients and the media, serving as the strategist for the account and the manager of all tasks to ensure quality service
Compensation: Competitive compensation based on experience. BAM Communications offers outstanding perks including abundant vacation time, 3 p.m. close on Fridays and health insurance benefits.