Finding Motivation Every Day
Here at BAM, we’re a big fan of the #motivationmonday movement. The Internet is full of inspiring tweets, articles and videos about how to start your week on the right foot. We even have an internal Monday morning meeting where we have a quick teaching moment to push us in the right direction for the week.
Unfortunately, Monday’s positive mantras don’t always propel us through the Wednesday slump. That’s how I found Entrepreneur contributor Jayson Demers’ piece on positive thoughts to get you through the week. With 50 perspective-shifting ideas, Demers shows how a little positive thinking goes a long way. Check out some of my favorites from the list below!
- This is why I can – It’s not just about knowing that you can do it (whatever IT is) but that there are logical reasons why you can succeed.
- Mistakes are learning opportunities – Take the chance to adjust based on what you’ve learned from roadblocks in the past.
- Everything has to be earned – If it were easy, everyone would do it. You aren’t where you are right now because it was handed to you.
- I’ll reward myself when I’m done – Treats are a great way to get yourself through any difficult task. Whether it’s small like a piece of chocolate, nice dinner or glass of wine, or a massage over the weekend, everyone deserves a little treat at the end of a long week.
- Feelings are the product of thoughts – and those can be controlled!
Check out the full article here, for all 50 encouraging thoughts. I’ve had this article open on my computer all week, and it’s been a great reminder to make little perspective changes day-by-day. Slumps only happen if you let them! What personal mantras or motivational quips get you through a mid-week mental roadblock?